Bloop!

My life in my eyes... Oh dear...

Friday, January 30, 2009

School has begun again. So far, my classes look promising. I'm content with it all so far. Children's literature, Child development, Sociology of death and dying, Sociology of the family, and Writing for the professional field... I feel like I'm finally concentrating and working towards getting things done. It's a good feeling. Now, I just have to make sure I pass them all. I can do that, right? *knock on wood*

On a completely different note, I hung out with him the other day. It was nice. We sat in the backseat of my car for a while and talked. And then he told me he didn't understand me and asked me why I do this.

I swear I tensed up for a moment. I felt surprised and confused and uncertain.

He told me that I should belong to someone, that I'm just too awesome to not belong to someone. My heart really stirred at that. I wasn't sure how to respond to that. How is one supposed to respond to that?

Part of me thought, well, I don't really want to belong to anyone! And another thought, well, maybe I could belong to him. And the insecure part of me thought, truth is, no one really wants me to belong to them.

But of course, I couldn't say anything at all. Instead, I just buried my face in his chest and only peek up at him a couple of times to see him staring at me. Then he apologized for making things serious and upsetting me.

When he had to leave, I really didn't want to let him go. I felt more upset than I should have. It was strange. I think I feel like he doesn't really make time for me. I don't know if I'm just being insecure and selfish, but it bothered me.

His words and his actions send out mixed signals to me. But I'm sure I'm no picnic to understand either. Sigh.