Bloop!

My life in my eyes... Oh dear...

Saturday, May 31, 2008



I watched Atonement (starring Kiera Knightly and James McAvoy) tonight. I've never read the book and really didn't know what the movie was going to be about so I just watched it. Don't read any further if you haven't but plan to watch the movie.


My goodness, it's depressing! I didn't cry, but the urge was most definitely there. And hours later, I'm still thinking about it.

The whole story is about loving someone, but due to circumstances out of your control, you cannot be with that someone. All you get is the hope that one day, you'll finally get to be together.

Well, in this movie, there is no ending in which they all live happily ever after. The two main characters live and die (and their deaths are sad and tragic in their own right) with nothing more than that hope.

Imagine finding the one you love but never getting to be with them. What then? Do you just settle? Do you wait and die hoping? Can you live knowing that your true love is there, just barely out of reach? Is it justifiable to forget morality in order to reach it?

I would love to know the answers...